We got to Rome yesterday! Yesterday morning we left our Central Trip from Orvieto, a really pretty hill-town surrounded by farmlands and vineyards. We actually spent all morning sketching the cathedral in a piazza until about noon and saw a group of lively long-islanders who talked with Kehoe. As we were leaving the piazza/cathedral, a wedding was starting to take place and we saw the bride arrive in the littlest green beatle-bug car. Needless to say about 5 people in our group whipped out their cameras and started taking pictures of the event... I felt kind of akward to take pictures of some else's wedding so I just watched and listened to the music.
Getting to Rome from Orvieto was really easy. It was only an hour train-ride away. We first went to the school building when we got here, which is in a building and located on top of a hotel... soooo that means no being in Studio past 9pm!!! Yaayy! We are also about 5 blocks away from the Pantheon from our studio and only a 20 min walk from the Colosseum! Our apartments are 15 minutes walk from the school and me, Christina, Jenni, and Walsh live in a "granny-flat" that is totally decked-out with porcelain horses and cracker-print cups. This flat literally looks like a mini-mansion, there is marble alllll over the place! Floors, on top of tables, and pretty much on top of every flat surface. Our bathroom is covered in tiles and the toilet is a step above everything else so its like being on a throne. I'm sharing a room with Christina and we made it look awesome! The only problem is our sheets and pillows are covered in tie-dye pillowcases and sheets so its kind of hilarious. Our apartment comes with free wi-fi 100% of the time!! Finalllyyy! And they even gave us a desk-top computer so the four of us have already planned to watch grey's anatomy on it. We also have a super-cheap grocery store just a small walk away from the apartment and we already tried the salami and cheese and its amaazinggg... with about 2 euros buying enough of it for us all for a week! Woo! Okay, well that's all the updates I have for now... if I think of some more interesting things I'll add them later cuz now I have internet all the timeee! : ]
Sunday, October 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment