Monday, September 21

Preparing for the Midterm...

So today has been very stressful. The whole studio is a-buzz preparing for our midterm reviews tomorrow for this project. I have some free time right now because my group is reformatting our section diagrams and Caitlin is creating the new scale system... I'm thankful that for once our project is headed in a clear direction. The only problem is the amount of work to get our diagramming to become real architecture. It's about 4pm here and once we finish our sectional diagrams we will have to tackle g.c. and/or rhino to develop the 3d scheme. For some reason I'm not as nervous as I would be at RPI. I know that we have a design system with this project that is working and I just hope that we can show some new things tomorrow that are headed in the right direction... rather than rush through all the steps and show up with something bad. Thankfully mine and Caitlin's Italian partners are very helpful and hardworking... even though Claudio hasn't been able to make anything for the past couple days because his computer has been broken. Erika has been making a million diagrams in Photoshop and they are really nice - the Italians are really talented with Photoshop which is both good and bad because they are fast at making things in Photoshop, but they tend to over-do the whole color thing and all the images have a rainbow of colors all over them.

Last night was an awesome dinner. Actually, the whole weekend was really good... which kind of makes me nervous for this week. Saturday, I went to Italian class at 8.30am until 12.30 and then got home and napped for 2 hours. After napping, me Caitlin and Jenni walked the entire length of Via Po to go shopping. Jenni got some really nice new purple heels, but me and Caitlin didn't find anything. It was really fun to just go out and shop though... we found an Italian version of a hippie-store that sold really nice leather wallets that I might go back and look at. I was also being a super-tourist and walking around taking pictures of everything, especially the duomo and the hills at "Over the Po" -the really wealthy neighborhood across the river from the city.

After shopping we got home and Jenni made alfredo sauce from scratch that we added chicken and some people added pesto to. It was a realllyyy good dinner making alfredo by hand (well not literally 'by-hand', but I cant think of another good way to explain it... I also have a pounding headache right now because alot of the groups around us today have been arguing about their projects...) After dinner, we all hung out as an apartment and watched PS I Love You, which made me really sad... but I wont give away the movie because its a pretty good one. That movie also gave Caitlin and Jenni the idea to go to Ireland during Thanksgiving which I am super-jealous of because it looks amazing there. Erika, said she went there with her boyfriend and it was beautiful. They saw these rock-formations in the North that look man-made and rise vertically out of the ground right near the ocean.

On Sunday, me and Caitlin had our partners over to work from 10am-4pm and we got a good amount of work done. We also made lunch for them which I was really nervous to do because I didnt want to mess up pasta and sauce for real Italians, but they seemed to like it. Also, Erika brought a plate of pasteleria (?) really good desserts that we demolished after lunch. They also found it really funny that me and Christina thought the expresso maker was a coffee maker at first, and so we each had about 6-expressos worth of drink our first time making it at the apartment and were up all night talking because we were so hyped-up on caffine.

Sunday night was the really amazing dinner, where me Cailtin and Christina met a really enthusiastic-about-Americans waiter. We went to a pizzeria one block from our house that was a little pricy - but wellllll worth it. The design of the place was really beautiful with an array of different colored/different shaped chairs and they had amazing concrete pillars with wood panels covering the recessed lighting. ( I just wrote a whole bunch more about this dinner... but it got deleted and I'll just have to rewrite it again later...)

No comments:

Post a Comment